How Do I Obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, Domestic Partnership or Death Certificate?
ANSWER: Certified copies of vital records can be obtained from the municipality where the vital event occurred. To obtain a certified copy you must meet the following requirements.
- These copies are only issued to those individuals who have a direct link to the individuals named on the vital record event, provided that the requestor is able to identify the vital record and provide the necessary proof.
- Applicant must fill out application form completely, including name, address, telephone number, reason record is being requested and all information regarding the vital event located on application form. 2020 Certified Copy Application.
- The applicant must provide a Driver's License.
- Certified Copy Fee: $10.00 per copy, payable at the time of application. (Cash, Check or Money Order are acceptable - made payable to the "Township of Lacey")
- We provide a 24-hour service from the time an application is made until the time the certified copy is ready for pick-up.
- Application must be made in the Board of Health Office, Department of Community Development (124 South Main Street, Forked River), between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, 609-693-1100, ext. 2251 or 2254.