Dogs 7 months or older need a license.
To obtain a dog license owners must present a proof of current rabies certificate that is valid for 10 months of the upcoming licensing period.
Proof that your dog has been altered is required.
The licensing period is July 1st through June 30th each year.
Licenses go on sale the first Monday in May.
Fees: $12.00 altered/spayed $15.00 not altered/spayed
APPLY ONLINE @ http://sdl.town/Lacey
Create an Account:
1. Click the sign up button
2. Fill out required information
3. Search and select Lacey as your primary town
4. Click the activation link in the email sent to the address you provided
Register your Pet:
1. Visit http://sdl.town/Lacey and select Pet License Registration
2. Complete required pet information
3. Upload a copy of your Rabies Vaccination Certificate
4. Once you submit your request you will be redirected to a 3rd party site to pay for your license
5. After you submit your request, you will receive a confirmation email
6. Be on the lookout for you license in the mail
**Dog owners may apply in person at the Lacey Township Board of Health (124 South Main Street) APPLICATION: Dog License
**Or by mail APPLICATION: Dog License (818 Lacey Road, Forked River, NJ 08731 ATTN: Dog License) Please ensure to include Rabies Certificate and Payment.
**In the event the license and registration tags are not renewed within 45 days after June 30th, there will be an additional fee of $20 as a late fee for the renewal of the license and registration tags.
**If you need any assistance, please reach out to lacey.BOH@laceytownship.org or 609.693.1100 ext. 2250**
Please contact the Lacey Township Board of Health for more information lacey.BOH@laceytownship.org or 609.693.1100 ext. 2250
Free rabies clinics are held at the following animal shelters (By appointment only)
NOCAF - 732-657-8086
615 Freemont Avenue
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month
SOCAF - 609-978-0127
360 Hay Road
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month