How Do I Obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Marriage, Civil Union, Domestic Partnership or Death Certificate?
ANSWER: Certified copies of vital records can be obtained from the municipality where the vital event occurred. To obtain a certified copy you must meet the following requirements.
- These copies are only issued to those individuals who have a direct link to the individuals named on the vital record event, provided that the requestor is able to identify the vital record and provide the necessary proof.
- Applicant must fill out application form completely, including name, address, telephone number, reason record is being requested and all information regarding the vital event located on application form.
- The applicant must provide a Driver's License.
- Certified Copy Fee: $10.00 per copy, payable at the time of application. (Cash, Check or Money Order are acceptable - made payable to the "Township of Lacey")
- We provide a 24-hour service from the time an application is made until the time the certified copy is ready for pick-up.
- Application must be made in the Board of Health Office, Department of Community Development (Room #104), between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, 609-693-1100, ext. 2247 or 2251.